|Canon for Discipleship and Formation|
|Name of church or organization|
|Episcopal Diocese of Spokane|
|The Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Spokane is seeking to add a full time lay or ordained Canon for Discipleship and Formation to her leadership team. This position will focus on oversight of diocesan programs for discipleship development and adult formation. In partnership with the Bishop, Canon to the Ordinary, Canon for Youth, and the Regional Development Team Coordinator, the Canon for Discipleship and Formation will take lead in areas of our diocesan life that center on discipleship and adult faith formation, specifically but not limited to:
• Further development of and oversight of our diocesan stewardship programs
• Development and oversight of diocesan and congregational evangelism programs
• Oversight of our diocesan specialized missions
• Further development and oversight of our adult formation programs, including those geared toward young adults
• Have biannual visitations to all congregations and communities of faith
• Assist the Commission on Ministry as needed on issues of adult faith formation
• Assist the Diocesan Transition Minister as desired on clergy and congregational transitions
The canon we seek will:
|Type of commitment|
|Does this job pay?|
|To apply, please send the following to the Rt. Rev’d Gretchen Rehberg at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. OTM (if applicable, and in pdf format)
4. Answers to the questions below:
a) What is your approach to evangelism and how have you helped others embrace and engage in evangelism?
b) What do you consider essential elements of an adult formation program? What role did you play and how have you engaged in such programming?
c) What do you see as similarities and differences between diocesan wide programing for discipleship and formation and that of the local congregation?
d) How do you understand leadership and teamwork in the context of mission and ministry?
|Link to the job posting or application|