||PURPOSE: Even within a pandemic, this is an incredibly growing, vibrant, and faithful church. The Associate Rector serves alongside the Rector and staff to care for, lead, and grow Holy Cross in traditional and non-traditional ways.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assist with Evangelism
- Oversee Christian Formation
- Assist with Liturgy and Worship
- Oversee Pastoral Care
NOTE: Depending upon the gifts of the person called, these areas will change & evolve.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- EVANGELISM: From our buildings and grounds, to our culture, Holy Cross was built to draw those on the outside to Jesus Christ. The Associate will work to support and empower our parishioners in being an inviting and connecting church over and above being merely a welcoming church. Building upon our current culture and momentum, they will help the Rector to consistently find ways to connect the lives of our neighbors with the life of God that is moving within Holy Cross.
- CHRISTIAN FORMATION: As we continue to draw others into our church, we seek to also move all from membership to discipleship. Our Associate will participate as follows.
- Oversee our Steering Committee for Christian Formation to find and/or create formation opportunities to move parishioners from membership to discipleship. These typically vary widely but often include campus wide series and events, and they are informed by periodic surveys regarding our parishioners’ spiritual growth.
- Oversee our weekly Young Adult & College Ministry and our Theology on Tap Ministry
- Facilitate/Teach classes regularly.
- LITURGY AND WORSHIP: The Associate will assist the Rector and our lay-leaders in serving our weekly worship services. This includes all of the usual priestly duties of preaching on a rotation, celebrating at the altar, and serving in whatever way possible to be a blessing and aid our worship of God.
- PASTORAL CARE (PC): The Associate will oversee our Pastoral Care Team, which focuses both on administering PC & empowering parishioners to engage in PC.
- OTHER: as requested by Rector or Associate Rector.