||Christ Church Greenwich is seeking an Associate Rector to work with the existing team of the four members of the clergy, the staff and vestry to advance the Church’s mission and focus on growing the children and family ministry.
We expect that the Associate will:
- Assist leading worship, preaching, and administering sacraments and pastoral offices with the clergy
- Be active in the pastoral care of the congregation
- Plan and organize services and events with the clergy, staff, vestry, and parishioners
- Be creative, innovative, and able to execute ideas
- Have a well-rounded priestly experience and assist leading worship
The Associate Rector will oversee and drive the growth of children and family ministry. This will be both a hands-on role, as well as involving building a children and family ministry team from the many lay members already active in the ministry. The Associate Rector will also serve as chaplain to the Christ Church Preschool.
Applicants with experience and/or a calling in the children and family ministry with these four qualities should highlight them in their cover letter.
We expect that the new Associate Rector will already have had a number of years of experience as clergy in a parish, and in that context will have had experience leading ministry growth initiatives as well as the conduct of the whole range of clergy responsibilities
On campus housing, suitable for a single person or a couple, is provided for our full-time clergy.
Christ Church does not discriminate in its hiring practices, terms, or conditions of employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, physical disability, or veteran status.