Portfolio: Family Ministries Oversight, Preaching, Teaching, Pastoral Care
St. Mark’s is an fun-loving community with an average Sunday attendance of 200+ year-round. During the winter season (October – April) our Sunday attendance swells to 350+. Our parishioners are of all ages and come from Marco Island, the Greater Naples area, the Midwest and Northeast. Marco Island is a popular destination for those wishing to escape snow and ice from as far away as Canada. We are situated on the Gulf Coast just south of Naples, FL and approximately 202 miles north of Havana, Cuba.
This Associate will be responsible for building a Family Ministries portfolio that includes choosing and implementing curriculum across all ages from Pre-K to High School and for Parents with Young Children. This includes guiding our Youth Group with the help of local college students, and leading mission trips and pilgrimages for our youth.
Additionally, this Associate will be in charge of coordinating our flagship outreach ministry, Camp Able. Camp Able is a one week overnight camp for special needs children operated by St. Mark’s parishioners that takes place on our campus. This is also an ecumenical ministry that draws volunteers from other island churches.
This Associate should expect to share the pulpit and other sacerdotal responsibilities equally with the Rector including, celebrating the Eucharist, teaching all ages and pastoral care. This place is about team work!
• M. Div.
• An ordained Episcopal Priest or Transitional Deacon committed to live out his/her Baptismal Covenant in community.
• A desire to teach and mentor young people and families.
• A pastor who is comfortable and enthusiastic about sharing ministry with laity.
• A pastor who preaches sermons that speak to the everyday lives of our members.
• A fun-loving person that relates well to adults and youth alike and laughs often with others.
• Good organizational skills and follow up.
• Proficient in the use of marketing tools and social media.
This is a full-time position with Diocesan standard pension and healthcare benefits. And did I mention that this is an amazing diocese? It is!