The primary function of this position is to provide support to the Canon for Transition Ministry and Office of Transitions in areas that pertain to clergy transitions, the discernment and ordination processes and other areas support in specified areas pertaining to the care of clergy and congregations.
The Associate for Transition Ministry is a diocesan staff position which has as its major responsibility the performance of administrative, clerical, and organizational duties to support the ministry of the Office of Transition in the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania.
He/she/they must be a seasoned and highly competent collaborator, well organized, with good people skills, pastoral sensitivity, the ability to keep a cool head under pressure. They/she/he must be able to use independent, sound judgment when the need arises.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Assists Canon for Transition Ministry with clergy transitions
- Assists Canon for Transition Ministry with discernment process program planning
- Coordinates scheduling of psychological, child protection testing and background check and files reports in confidential files.
- Publication of discernment process information
- Oversee logistics for ordinations for the diocese
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OR PROFICIENCY LEVELS
- Knows Jesus.
- Master’s in Divinity (or equivalent experience).
- Personal computer background with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including ability to learn new computer programs and platforms.
- Ability to multi-task and manage busy desk; flexibility required; work duties are subject to interruption and must be able to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Relates well with various professionals, clergy, laity and peers.
- Ability to maintain composure under stress and attend to people in crisis.
- Good judgment regarding sensitive matters. Ability to accept responsibility, and maintain confidentiality regarding pastoral
- Sense of humor.
- Self-motivated and able to work with no supervision.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and ability to take initiative.