|St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Rock Creek parish is looking for a full-time Associate for Parish Life and Outreach who will report directly to the Rector and share fully in the pastoral life and ministry of the church through preaching, teaching, and pastoral care. The Associate for Parish Life and Outreach will also have specific responsibility for Christian Education, Evangelism, and Outreach.The leadership of St. Paul’s is in the process of reviewing the organizational structure of the church to better address and adapt to the rapid cultural changes occurring all around us. For this reason, the staff of the church needs to change also. We are a church in transition serving a neighborhood that is in transition. With an eye toward an increasingly mobile community, we envision a program that will embrace the use of web-based and mobile applications to reach people in our community and beyond. We intend to position the parish to be more relevant and purposeful in proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Accordingly, we are looking for a full-time Associate for Parish Life and Outreach who has a passion for Evangelism, Outreach, and Parish Development. Someone who can communicate the Good News of God in Jesus Christ.
Parish Life and Hospitality (40% of time)
Parish Life, Hospitality and Newcomer Integration
- Coordinate and oversee all parish life events.
- Identify, recruit, and develop lay leadership for parish life ministries
- Develop and implement a welcoming and newcomer integration ministries.
- Work with the Rector to develop and review special liturgies
- Participate in the full range of pastoral responsibilities including preaching, teaching, and pastoral care.
- Attendance at parish activities and fellowship events
Small group ministries:
- Work with the Rector in overseeing current small group ministries
- Develop new opportunities for spiritual formation and community life through small groups.
Worship and Pastoral Care (30% of time)
- Collaborate with our staff and clergy to plan and lead liturgy.
- Preside and preach at Sunday morning services,
- Lead St. Paul’s Sunday School worship service.
- Work with the Rector and volunteers to implement the Christian Education vision and related programs.
- Assist in planning and implementing ongoing Christian Education programs consistent with the vision and strategy.
- Participate in Diocesan youth events and explore other local activities to expand the reach of youth programs.
- Address pastoral matters that arise in the course of his/her ministry.
- Create small group, spiritual growth, fellowship, and educational opportunities for parents of young children.
- Supervise Lay Eucharistic Visitors.
- Initiate new pastoral care Ministries, such as grief support groups, ministry to singles, ministry to young families.
- Recruit, train, support, and coordinate volunteers.
Evangelism and Outreach (30% of time)
- Responsible for overseeing evangelism efforts of the congregation.
- In all aspects of ministry, the Associate for Parish Life and Outreach will strive to grow the church.
- Working with the Rector, develop programs that will attract newcomers and seekers to St. Paul’s.
- Serve as the member of the clergy team primarily responsible for outreach ministries.
- Coordinate the various outreach activities of the parish, including service projects, mission trips, and financial support.
- Develop material content for the parish as needed.
- Share in production of worship bulletins and other print or online materials as needed
This ministry description assumes the candidate and the position will develop over time, and we do not expect to fulfill all responsibilities and meet all the expectations at once.