||Associate for Children, Youth, and Families
Church of the Ascension, a growing Episcopal parish in the heart of Denver, seeks a dynamic and inspired Associate for Children, Youth, and Families to join our team. The number of families with children at Ascension has continued to increase during the Covid-19 pandemic. As we envision life beyond the pandemic, we are excited about the many opportunities to nurture our families in the life of faith as we look toward a thriving future.
The Associate for Children, Youth, and Families will work closely with a small, creative staff that is excited to meet the challenges of ministry in a supportive parish. The Associate for Children, Youth, and Families will coordinate and oversee children’s and youth formation programs, nursery staffing, Vacation Bible School, and other offerings for families. He or she will also be invited and encouraged to help us approach these and other ministries in innovative ways.
The position is designed to be full-time. Healthcare, retirement, and paid leave benefits will be provided according to diocesan guidelines.
- Establish a faith community of and for children, youth, and families
- Plan and lead children and youth formation and other family events
- Be an active team player with other staff and ministry leaders, including regular staff meetings and events
- Prepare children, youth, and their families for future milestones in their faith formation journeys (participation in youth ministry, Confirmation, etc.)
- Gather, grow, and lead a team of dedicated volunteers to assist in facilitating children’s and family programming
- Be able to project a welcoming presence to newcomers to invite them into Children, Youth, and Families
- Regularly communicate with the Children, Youth and Families via consistently scheduled emails, newsletters, social media posts, etc.
- Measure progress towards ministry goals through regular tracking and reporting
- Baptized and confirmed Christian well versed in the beliefs and practices of The Episcopal Church
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with Godly Play and other Episcopal curriculum preferable, but not required
- Creative, self-motivated, and organized with excellent planning skills
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing conditions
Please send inquiries or applications to email@example.com.