||St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church in Wilton, Connecticut is seeking a faithful, dynamic disciple of Jesus Christ who has a passion for the formation of children and youth. The primary responsibility of this person will be to love our kids and support our families into a deep and meaningful relationship with Jesus. The successful candidate will be collaborative, imaginative, and energetic. She or he will be organized, tech-savvy, team-oriented, and ready to work in a vibrant setting other dedicated staff, lay-leaders, and volunteers.
The ordained or lay person called to this half-time position will plan, coordinate, support and oversee our Church School programming, Youth Groups, and Confirmation. If an ordained Episcopalian is the successful candidate, they will also participate in the sacramental life of the parish.
St. Matthew’s is a unique place. We are a high-energy, welcoming, fun congregation. We take God and the work to which God calls us very seriously – but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Children and youth are integrated in all aspects of our life. We are actively seeking more ways to extend hospitality to all people, especially our kids.
We share this work with a number of community partners, and we have an especially meaningful relationship with Wilton Presbyterian Church (WPC). Our sanctuaries stand opposite each other, and we share the office and church school space in between. Our kids participate in formation with Presbyterian kids at every level except Confirmation. This means that the person in this position will have gifted partners in this work. Our collaboration means that we have the great gift of a large group of children and youth.
As a parish in the Episcopal Church in Connecticut, St. Matthew’s is committed to sharing the good news of the Gospel and serving our community in the name of Jesus Christ. To aid us in this work, we seek to employ someone who’s primary work it will be to coordinate, plan, and support:
– Weekly Church School Programming
– Periodic events for families including worship & fellowship (planned with other staff)
– Youth programming for Middle & High School students
– A year-long Confirmation program for eighth graders
– A special seminar for 8th graders on faith and sexuality (every other year)
– Work with WPC counterparts to plan other events like our mission trip
Some of the qualities we seek:
– The ability to share their own strong, personal relationship with Jesus
– A guiding presence
– The ability to foster authentic, loving relationships with children and families.
– A strong communicator, ready to engage tech and social media
– Knowledge and love of the Episcopal Church
– Open minded to all, regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation
– Comfortable leading worship and prayer with youth and young members
– Strong ability to collaborate with partners
– A community builder who will be mindful of the safety and care our kids need
All finalists will need to consent to a background check. St. Matthew’s is committed to following the Safe Church policies of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut. The successful candidate will report directly to the Rector. St. Matthew’s will follow all policies and compensation guidelines of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut.