||Christ Church in Short Hills is a vibrant, growing, diverse suburban parish in the Diocese of Newark, seeking a full-time Assistant Priest to nurture congregational engagement, develop a pastoral care team, and contribute according to your gifts and charisms.
This is a call to:
• Preach and help lead worship on Sundays and Holy Days at Christ Church, a new monthly evening service, and at a local retirement community. Excellent and varied preaching is valued by the congregation.
• Work with and alongside adults of all ages to help them grow in their faith, identify and utilize their spiritual gifts, and embrace loving care.
• Create a Pastoral Care Team and make home visits.
• Design adult formation offerings. Teach forums and small classes.
• Support and recruit volunteers. Work with lay leaders to coordinate parish life, worship leaders, and outreach ministries.
• Develop new groups and avenues for involvement by new members, including parents, commuters, recently retired, etc.
• Work collaboratively with Priest-in-Charge, a wonderful staff, creative vestry, and the Holy Spirit to serve the parish and help develop new initiatives.
To learn more about us, please visit our website christchurchshorthills.org and facebook.com/christchurchshorthills.