|The Assistant for Youth is a part-time position and will be in supervision with the Cathedral Canon for Pastoral Care and Mission.
The primary purpose of the Assistant for Youth is to equip the Cathedral Youth Community (EYC) to develop, grow, and thrive as disciples of Jesus Christ.
People of color and women encouraged to apply.
A Bachelor degree in any field is preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate will have these qualities:
1. A joyful sense of God’s abundant love demonstrated by an open, warm, outgoing, and energetic approach to and appreciation of all people, members of the Cathedral congregation and larger community.
2. A respect for and appreciation of youth.
3. Background in youth ministry.
4. A familiarity with Anglican/Episcopal tradition and spirituality.
8. The ability to work collegially with the Cathedral team and volunteers.
The Assistant for Youth will have the following essential functions:
For Youth Leadership and Formation
1. Lead and Assist in youth group activities. Youth Group currently meets each Sunday most often from 1:00pm – 4:00 pm, plus a number of special events (ski trip, lock-ins, etc.) a. Plan and lead fun, community-building, and spiritually meaningful youth groups activities. b. Lead in communicating plans to youth and their parents. c. Recruit adult volunteers to assist.
2. Conceive, plan, and organize youth advisers to lead Sunday formation class for high school and middle school during program year and assist with EYC. Sunday formation meets from 10:10-11:10 am during the program year from September through early June. a. Determine and implement appropriate curriculum. b. Be present on Sundays to lead or support.
3. Seek out relationships with youth and their parents and with the diocesan youth canon and staff.
4. Organize summer mission experiences for youth and one inter-generational mission experience per year.