||The Trustees of the Estate Belonging to the Diocese of Long Island seek an Assistant Construction Manager.
The Assistant Construction Manager provides full time support to the Construction Manager frequently interacting with the clients, consultants, other staff members and contractors. They are responsible for ensuring that all aspects of our services are being delivered to the highest level to ensure Parish satisfaction.
Reporting to the Construction Manager will assist in planning, directing, and coordination of the various construction projects owned by the Trustees, and assist in advising parishes that are considering construction projects.
The Diocese of Long Island is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion represented in the United States by The Episcopal Church. The diocese comprises the counties of Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk counties. More than 7.7 million people live within the bounds of the largely urban diocese, which is made up of over 129 unique and vibrant congregations located in the Diocese of Long Island.
- Accompany Senior Construction Manager to project site visits to ensure that the construction project complies with all safety and building regulations
- Accompany Senior Construction Manager to project site visits to ensure that the construction project is being completed as per drawings and or design
- Help coordinate and manage projects from inception to completion.
- Prepare reports and photograph the progress of projects.
- Reporting any concerns that might negatively impact projected cost and time estimates.
- Assist Senior Construction Manager in preparing scopes of work, RFPs, schedules, and the sequencing of onsite tasks. Accompany Senior Construction Manager to bid walk-throughs.
- Review and prepare all construction related documents as required.
- Help to ensure project adheres to a set schedule and is meeting the goals of the Parish.
- Managing the closeout process
- Travel will be throughout Nassau County, Suffolk Count, Brooklyn, and Queens
- Assist in the managing of projects through Procore
- Accompany Senior Construction Manager to meetings taking notes/creating minutes
- Manage payment of violations and/or legal representation of Trustee owned properties
- Engage and manage vendors if cause of violation requires repairs or cleanup of Trustee owned properties
- Point of contact for Java and SiteCompli violation notices
- Prepare and gather Documents for Violation Hearings
- Follow up with Parishes for non-Trustee owned violations to have them pay and resolve
- Send out Grants to inquiring parishes and notify Construction Manager
- Review all Grant applications,
- Make invoice when project is approved for Grant
- Track and directly report project status updates to the Senior Construction Manager.
- Schedule meetings, phone calls, site visits, etc.
- Consult with and gather information from technicians, engineers, contractors, etc.
- Code construction related invoices
- Mail and File (hard, electronic) copies of Contracts for work being done, send out signed contracts for Anthony
- Cost code, copy and scan, make a spreadsheet of weekly Construction invoices, for Finance
The ideal candidate will combine a community-oriented mindset with extensive real-world experience in the complexities of construction in the NYC metropolitan area. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management or administrative assistance
- Proficiency in any management software, including Procore
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Must have reliable means of transportation to and from project sites.
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time position: 8AM to 4PM (in person) – hours may vary depending on travel time to sites.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Generous benefits package offered for full-time.
All resumes and cover letters should be sent to Nancy Signore at email@example.com.