- Interface with Rector, staff, vestry, Stewardship Committee, and various committees regarding pastoral and congregational activities.
- Maintain and set up appointments in accordance with Rector on a weekly basis.
- Maintain and keep current Pastoral Care List o
- When visited
- Requested Holy Communion
- Cards sent on appropriate anniversaries and holidays
- Maintain membership records, transfers in and out, and visitor’s file.
- Maintain newcomer records for FaithScape, Inquirers/Confirmation classes.
- Maintain confidentiality with information pertaining to parishioners.
- Assist clergy and worship leaders in organizing bulletins for various worship services including added weekly inserts.
- Oversee printing of bulletins.
- Send weekly Lectionary Readings and Prayers of the People to Lector assigned.
- Assist various worship leaders with Altar Guild, Acolytes, Lectors, Chalice Bearers, etc., in assignments for worship services.
- Schedule the acolytes with the Rector.
- Schedule the nursery workers with the Rector.
- Produce weekly Children’s Bulletins.
Children’s Formation Responsibilities: (once back to in-person services)
- With Rector oversee the Nursery Coordinator, volunteers.
- Hours worked
- Nursery Guidelines
Safeguarding God’s Children
- Oversee Safeguarding God’s Children which includes:
- Maintaining accurate records of those who are required to complete the SGC training.
- Follow up with individuals who have not completed SGC training.
- Provide reminders when renewal of SGC is required.
- Update name badges to reflect individuals’ completion of SGC.
- Set up login and passwords for individuals requiring SGC.
- Work with Rector to provide ongoing communication to Parish about SGC.
- Develop proposed budget criteria for duties associated with this ministry including office equipment and materials, postage, computer and software needs, and job specific continuing education/training.
- Participate in annual evaluations and reviews of A Standard probationary period, as stated in the St. Martin’s Personnel Policy, will include a review meeting with the Rector and the Senior Warden after the first 90 days.
- Develop and supervise projects assigned by the Rector.
Work Schedule and duties:
- An average of 20-25 hrs. per week with flexible hours for family time.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, (Wednesdays at 3P.M.) Participate in annual staff development meetings.
- Attend various committee meetings as needed.