General Purpose of the Position:
The Accounting Clerk assists in key day-to-day accounting and operational functions of the Finance Department of the Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF) including, but not limited to, general ledger maintenance, accounts receivable and accounts payable maintenance, and bank deposits and reconciliations.
Supervisory and Other Contacts:
The Accounting Clerk reports directly to the Assistant Controller and has regular contact with the Vice President of Finance, other ECF employees, clients, vendors and members of the public.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain and update chart of accounts and related electronic and paper records.
2. Record transactions to the general ledger; post appropriate debits and credits.
3. Record cash receipts and make bank deposits; complete monthly bank reconciliations.
4. Process and pay all third-party invoices.
5. Issue invoices for services rendered and expense reimbursements.
6. Verify records posted by other ECF employees.
7. Prepare monthly income/expense reports for internal review.
8. Maintain regular contact with vendors and clients.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller or Vice President of Finance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent; two or more years of bookkeeping experience.
Knowledge, Ability and Skills:
Hard working, organized, focused and efficient; attention to detail. Good communication skills. Working knowledge of accounting principles. Strong computer, software and online skills.
Ability to lift and carry up to twenty-five pounds and handle office supplies and equipment.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with benefits pursuant to ECF’s policies and a salary range of $50,000 to $60,000, commensurate with experience.
About the Episcopal Church Foundation:
The Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF) is an independent, lay-led organization that helps congregations, dioceses and other Episcopal communities of faith engage in visioning and planning, develop leadership and raise and manage resources for ministry.
ECF is located at 475 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10115.