[Episcopal Diocese of West Texas] The Standing Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas has announced the seven potential nominees to stand for election as the sixth bishop suffragan of the diocese.
The potential nominees are:
- The Rev. Jennifer Brook-Davidson, vicar, St. Elizabeth’s Church, Buda, Texas;
- The Rev. Christopher Caddell, rector, Holy Spirit Episcopal Church, Dripping Springs, Texas;
- The Rev. Chris Cole, rector, Church of the Resurrection, Windcrest, Texas;
- The Rev. John Hill, rector, St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, San Antonio, Texas;
- The Rev. Lisa Mason, rector, St. David’s Episcopal Church, San Antonio, Texas;
- The Rev. Jonathan Wickham, rector, All Saints Episcopal Church, Corpus Christi, Texas; and
- The Rev. Robert Woody, rector, Church of Reconciliation, San Antonio, Texas.
The full announcement, which includes the potential nominees’ biographical information and answers to a series of questions, can be found here.
These men and women are “potential nominees” until the first ballot is cast to place each name in official nomination. The election will take place as part of the 113th Diocesan Council on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017, in Corpus Christi, Texas.
The Rev. David Read, president of the Standing Committee, said, “We are grateful to these seven priests for their faithfulness and their willingness to offer themselves to the Lord and to the Diocese of West Texas.”
In preparation for the election, the Standing Committee will host three separate discernment forums throughout the diocese on Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 28-29, to afford voting Diocesan Council delegates and clergy, as well as visitors, the opportunity to hear from the potential nominees. Members of the diocese have been invited to submit proposed questions for the potential nominees to address at the discernment forums.
The bishop suffragan-elect will be consecrated on July 29, 2017, at TMI – The Episcopal School of Texas in San Antonio.