The candidates are:
- The Rev. Canon Lynn Carter-Edmands, canon for formation and transition, Diocese of Southern Ohio
- The Rev. Canon Andrew T. Gerns, rector of Trinity Church, Easton, Pennsylvania
- The Rev. Susan B. Haynes, rector of St. Paul’s Church, Mishawaka, Indiana
- The Rev. Douglas E. Sparks, rector of St. Luke’s Church, Rochester, Minnesota
- The Very Rev. Raymond J. Waldon, dean of St. Mark’s Cathedral, Salt Lake City
The diocese’s website for the search process has basic biographical information on each nominee here and the committee promises for fuller biographies in the coming days.
The bishop-elect will succeed Bishop Edward S. Little II who said in March that he would resign at the end of June 2016. Little, 68, was ordained and consecrated in March 2000 as the diocese’s seventh bishop.
The election is scheduled to take place during a special convention Feb. 6 at St. Anne’s Episcopal Church in Warsaw, Indiana. The eighth bishop’s consecration is scheduled for June 25 at Trinity English Lutheran Church in Fort Wayne, Indiana.