Updated Jan. 3 to clarify download process.
[Episcopal Office of Public Affairs] Epiphany devotions for 2013 developed by the Episcopal Church, the Anglican Church of Canada, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada are now available.
Free copies of the devotions are available by clicking here.
“These devotions for Epiphany are a mark of our deepening partnership and the common work of our four churches,” noted Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori. “Our working together is another sign of our full communion relationship.”
The six devotions for the season of Epiphany are based on the shared gospels for the Sundays and are appropriate for groups or individuals.
- Sunday, January 6: Epiphany 1, Feast of Epiphany
- Sunday, January 13: The Baptism of Our Lord
- Sunday, January 20: Epiphany 2
- Sunday, January 27: Epiphany 3
- Sunday, February 3: Epiphany 4
- Sunday, February 10: Feast of the Transfiguration
“We commend to your use an inspired collection of devotions for the season of Epiphany, each prepared by a different member of the Lutheran-Episcopal Coordinating Committee (USA) and the Joint Anglican-Lutheran Commission (Canada),” the denominational leaders stated in a joint letter.
• The Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori, Presiding Bishop, The Episcopal Church
• Bishop Mark Hanson, Presiding Bishop, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
• The Most Rev. Fred Hiltz, Primate, Anglican Church of Canada
• Bishop Susan Johnson, National Bishop, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada