[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs] Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori and President of the House of Deputies the Rev. Gay Clark Jennings have announced that the Rev. William H. Allport, Jr. from the Diocese of West Texas has resigned from the Structure Task Force for personal reasons.
Jefferts Schori and Jennings have named the Rev. Canon Marianne S. Ell from the Diocese of North Dakota. She is the vice president of Province VI.
Approved at the July General Convention 2012, Resolution C095 calls for development of a 24-member task force charged with presenting a plan to the next General Convention in 2015 “for reforming the Church’s structures, governance, and administration.”
The other members of the Task Force for Church Structural Reform named by Jefferts Schori and Jennings are:
• The Rev. Jennifer L. Adams, Diocese of Western Michigan
• The Rev. Joseph M.C. Chambers, Diocese of Missouri
• Canon Judith G. Conley, Diocese of Arizona
• Bishop Michael Bruce Curry, Diocese of North Carolina
• Bishop C. Andrew Doyle, Diocese of Texas
• The Rev. Miguelina Espinal-Howell, Diocese of Newark
• Professor Victor A. Feliberty-Ruberte, Diocese of Puerto Rico
• The Venerable Robert Anton Franken, Diocese of Missouri
• Dr. Catherine George, Diocese of New Jersey
• Bishop Mary Gray-Reeves, Diocese of El Camino Real
• Ian L. Hallas, Diocese of Chicago
• Julia Ayala Harris, Diocese of Florida
• The Rev. Dr. Bradley S. Hauff, Diocese of Pennsylvania
• The Rev. Leng Leroy Lim, Diocese of Los Angeles
• Thomas A. Little, Esq. Diocese of Vermont
• The Rev. Canon Craig W. Loya, Diocese of Kansas
• Sarah Miller, Diocese of Alabama
• The Rev. Kevin D. Nichols, Diocese of New Hampshire
• Bishop Sean W. Rowe, Diocese of Northwestern Pennsylvania
• Margaret B. Shannon, Diocese of Texas
• T. Dennis Sullivan, Diocese of New York
• Jonathan McKenzie York, Diocese of North Carolina
• The Rev. Dr. Dwight J. Zscheile, Diocese of Minnesota
In addition, two partners from other Anglican Communion provinces have been appointed: the Very Rev. Peter Elliott of the Anglican Church of Canada, dean of the Diocese of New Westminster and rector of Christ Church Cathedral in Vancouver; and the Rev. Sathianathan Clarke, Th.D., of the Church of South India, who is the Bishop Sundo Kim Chair in World Christianity and professor of theology, culture and mission at Wesley Theological Seminary.
According to resolution C095, “The membership of the Task Force shall reflect the diversity of the Church, and shall include some persons with critical distance from the Church’s institutional leadership.”
In addition, the task force will conduct a special gathering with representation from every diocese in preparation of its final report, due by November 2014. The date and location of the special meeting will be determined later.
Resolution C095 in full is here.